Monday, December 15, 2008

different...differentiation??

One day my teacher, VIKAS Sir, asked me-" Ashutosh! Do you want to be someone special ? Someone different from others." At first I couldn't understand. Why is he asking this? I replied affirmatively. I said-"Yes, I want to do something big in my life but not like Osama or Bush." You know...what he said after that??
What he said, really surprised me. I couldn't answer further. But what he said was really amazing and a real truth. He said to me when you say that you want to be special or extraordinary then actually you are insulting others by saying them ordinary or not special which is not fair. Actually when someone try to differentiate himself/ herself from others then actually his total life goes in this process of differentiation and ultimately he never get satisfaction. He/She never find himself/ herself different and so his complete life goes in unrest. He further said that in life our development happens so gradually that we never notice any change in ourselves unless we sit and think about our lives 10-20 years before. And this satisfaction also, lasts after few minutes of thinking. So he said that we should try to do things in best manner we can but not for being extraordinary. He said as two electron cannot be in same state, similarly two persons are always different.
When I had answered his question I didn't mean that from being special. I simply meant that I wanted to do best that I could do. I have found that many people don't utilize the opportunities ahead them. In my life I have done this many times but I want to stop that. I have thought of a life for myself and I want to use all my strength and available opportunities to get that. Really I don't want to be special. I just want to be able to do what I think to do. But I think what he understood about me, was wrong at least at present but his every word, he said after that was right. I think it was possible that in future I might have tried to differentiate myself from others, but now everything is clear to me. Thank You........Vikas Sir.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

exactly....we all need to understand this...